Thursday, May 1, 2008

Getting Ready

Well. 26 days to go. Right now I am trying to cram as much Spanish in my head as I possibly can. Kind of nervous about that, but not too much. Also, the work camp has become a single volunteer. Brittany Small. I am excited about this, though because she has been to the school before and I trust her to help me get moved in.

Funds. Right now my home church sits at $8500 and I have received $2100 from the Methodist church in Sterling (where I went to college). Oh, and I graduated last Saturday. Yay. Anyway. The goal for the entire project is $25,500. That includes building estimate, moving in costs, flights, and monthly food allowances. We still need money, so if you know anyone who would like to sponsor the trip, send donations to South Church of God in Liberal, KS. Just write checks out to South Church of God with Peru Fund in the memo. Well, I will keep everyone updated. The whole blog thing is new to me, but I like it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog world and hopefully I'll get to read yours while I'm away too. Praying for you.

Sheri Bennett said...

This will be so exciting to keep up with what you are doing! Thanking for blessing us at FUMC in Sterling.

Sheri Bennett said...

I've been checking for an update regularly. I'm glad you posted. This is so exciting. I'm so glad I can keep up with you this way! You will do awesome:)