Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update

Hey everyone. I know my updates have become few and far between. Our internet here has a mind of its own and we have had very limited access for quite some time. The computer guy came in today and we now have wireless in the offices. Hopefully it will not go in and out now. Another reason I haven't gotten on is that we have had a work camp here for the last 2 weeks. Time with them has been great. English speakers! yay. I haven't had much time outside of helping to entertain them to accomplish other things like email. This group will leave us Friday and we will gain a work camp of 21 that same day. That work camp is back to back with yet a third. Most of the campers here now are from Indiana, but the 2 groups after them are Roma Lee groups. i will miss this group of people a lot, but am excited to see Roma Lee again.

We have been making great progress on the building; however, are now at a little standstill. We have a pretty good portion of the wall bricked in. these last few days have been spent trying to make the work camp switch. We also are a little low on funds and materials, so we are trying to decide what our priorities are before we continue. We will start work again on Monday and be taking part of Roma Lee's camp out with us to help. That will be great.

Please keep praying for the decisions I have to be making. I need to decide what will happen after August and also what will happen after this year is finished in May. Also pray for Ken and the LACF board as they help me in making some of these decisions.

2 comments:

grammydawn said...

Terrence: love your updates. you have made me feel especially guilty for the many disposable(?) diapers I used when my daughter and my granddaughter were babies. interesting about the ice in the drinks, i don't like a drink without sonic ice. promise i'll think of you at break time this afternoon. you haven't mentioned your hip so assume it is all better. you are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Sheri Bennett said...

Wow, you'll be home in a few weeks. Can't wait to see you and hear more about it. I love reading your updates and the video was awesome. We will as always, pray for all of you.