Saturday, August 2, 2008

My new life

Great news! I have finally felt the calling into full time missions. The plan right now is that I will be the stateside missionary for LACF. I will take over a lot of the fundraising and organization of the actual sponsorship program. In order to do this, I will have church supports like Ken does for pay. The main way that we will accomplish this is by instating an internship program. For one semester each year, we will have a small group of interns, paid, who will get opportunities in missions stateside and in Peru. I will be working with them first hand and be with them when they come down to Peru. This will give young people who are interested in missions an opportunity to gain experience in several areas. They can help with the paperwork side, setting up church tours, searching for funds, doing medical and pastoral things in Peru, and many other areas that people don't always think about when looking at missions. i am really excited and a little bit scared. Please pray for guidance and discernment for me, the board, and Ken as we decide where I will be stationed, what my first steps will be and who I should contact for backing. I will stay on the Milagro project down here until May and then start immediately after that in the states. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers and I will update everyone as I know more. Dios te bendiga!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow dude that's awesome!

Cory said...

Wow. I'm so happy for you. That is amazing. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Terrance. just talked to your mom. Sounds like you are staying very busy. So excited to hear you are going into missions full time. We are praying for you. What can we do for florangels mom? why will she not do treatments? Is it money? Is she scared of chemo? Did you tell her i had it and doing very well? Angel cannot leave before she graduates. Please let us know what we can do. Give them hugs from us and tell them we are praying for them and we love them. Please pray for Wyatt Miller. He had a serious wregk last Friday and is in critical condition in Wichita. The Clouds know him and he was going to go to Peru 2 years ago. He is 16 years old. I love you, Aunt Shirley

mandy said...

oh man terrance, that is flippin' awesome! :) the opportunity you have will be amazing and i'm so excited for ya!

caleb08 said...

Hola Terrance! It's Melonie here in Ohio. Guess what arrived on my porch early Sunday morning?? My long lost suitcase! After many calls to American Airlines I was asked by one of their employees to describe some of the contents of my suitcase...well, when I mentioned several boxes of Uno cards, my bilingual Bible and lots of school supplies...they said that perhaps it could be located with these unusual descriptions! I was later called that it had been found in a LAN storage area in Lima. My, my...so now it is back with me in Ohio! If you possibly have room on your way back to Reque this fall...I will send my gifts to Cristian's family as well as the other gifts I have. Roma Lee also had a bag full of clothing in my suitcase...but she may want to take that back herself as I think it was supposed to go to particular people. I'll call her.
I hope you are well. Please tell everyone Caleb and I say "Hola". We miss you all very much. I am printing photos so I can send photo packages to lots of people there.
Please tell Tim I say "Bonjour" and I miss talking about French history with him!
Give my love to Ken and Maria...tell Maria I still have that silly laugh!
Please tell Jose, Berta, Hernan & Denis hola and I send my love.
Also..tell Cristian and his family I love and miss them.
Give a big hug to Florangel for me too as I am thinking and praying for her daily.
Caleb misses everyone and he would have you give Oscar a big hug...if Oscar were there! Give hugs to Alex and Chino though!
We are praying for you daily. Keep us updated on the work in Milagros.
It was wonderful working with you in Peru. Take care and know you are in our prayers. Melonie & Caleb