Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's Been a While

Hey everyone. So...it has been a while. I admit that I am failing at this whole blogging thing. The short version of the update is that I spent June in Peru. The work in Milagro is advancing. The walls are up around the main property and there are 5 classrooms divided out inside. The plots adjoining this one belong to the church, also and will be used for the sanctuary. Right now theya re still just having Sunday School on Sunday mornings. Once there are restrooms and the ground is completely leveled they will be able to start having church services. There was also a feeding in Milagro this past summer and 350 people from the village were fed. God is doing amazing things and continues to blow my mind.
Personally, I got back into the US on July 2nd and spent a month in Poteau, OK acting in and building a set for a production of Godspell. Now I'm back in Wichita. I'm attending the Pawnee Avenue Church of God and I get to play my djembe in the praise band. It's a blast! I have applies for a substitute license. I figure that would be a good way to make a little extra money.
If all goes well I will be heading out to Indiana in a couple weeks to spend some time speaking at churches. Please continue to pray for the work in Peru, for LACF, Milagro, Ken Biron (our missionary in Peru), and myself. Hopefully it will not be so long before I take the initiative to update this thing.

No comments: