Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Safe Arrival

Well. I got here fine. I arrived in Lima at about 4:50. After running to the ticket counter then to the checkin then back to the ticket counter then through taxes and security, I was able to just walk onto the 6:30 flight. I got to Chiclayo at about 7:40...with all my luggage!....then had to just grab a taxi from the airport to the school. There were many anxious taxi drivers, so I just picked the one who looked the least shady. Haha. Got to the school, set my bags down and went into a meeting with ken to start talking about what is going on. A quick catch up. After spending the rest of the morning with Roma Lee and taking a long awaited shower, I got to eat lunch with the kids. They fixed my favorite meal, rice with lentils. They took up one of my spare bedrooms for storage, so Roma Lee and Donna are at the house and I'm in the clinic this week. PS my djembe arrived safely along with everything else. I also had a meeting already today with the director (principal) to start setting up the English class, which they are very excited about. Overall everything is going well.

No comments: