Monday, April 12, 2010

Mucho mejor

Thank you to everyone out there who has kept us in your prayers. This week is starting out much better and I have a joyous feeling that it will stay this way. There are of course always things to deal with, but as far as the major issues of last week, they are mostly behind us now. Over the weekend I prayed for patience, wisdom and guidance and strongly believe that God has granted me these.
It went very well this past week at Milagro. On Thursday we went out for the evening service. Jorge is a ten year old who has no school, no shoes, and has to take care of his little sister, but is still always happy to be there and even shows up when we are working and helps however he can. By the faint glow of the generator operated fluorescent lights, I saw a kid running up the hill from the village. He had a cap on and when he got to the door he gave me the biggest hug. I'm sure you have figured out by now that it was of course Jorge. That hug meant a lot to me. It was a little thing that made a big difference in a difficult time. I also noticed that he had a pair of shoes on his feet. They were bright pink flip flops about 5 sizes too big, but they were still protection for his feet. God always amazes me at how he can use the little things to touch our hearts and change our lives.

No comments: