Thursday, June 12, 2008

Construction update

Oscar, our foreman, is really cool and I love working with him. We also have an 18 year old kid named Alex (called Chino) and a 16 year old named Gokey who help. The future pasotr of the church, Walter, helps out when he can. We also have the help of a man who lives out there named Juan Carlos. The first few days were rough. We had to dig out the foundation trenches by pick and shovel and it took two days to get about 3/4 finished. And we still haven't dug out the rest yet. We had other help then whcih was nice because Brittany and I have never been that sore in our lives. She made it home all right by the way. We then made rebar columns and spent the last 2 days pouring concrete footers. We have to mix the concrete my hand on the ground and wheelbarrel it to the trench. Backbreaking work, but I am building muscle and endurance. It's great. God is good and continues to bless us and I will let you know more later.

1 comment:

Sheri Bennett said...

I am so glad to read what you are doing. We will continue to pray for you. It sounds so exciting...I can't even imagine. Please tell everyone there that we are praying for each of them and what our blessed young man is doing!