Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just an update

Things are going well. We have started ppouring cement and working on the first inside walls for the classrooms. We have also decided to buy a plot of land next to the church that will serve as a kitchen and dining room for a breakfast program. There will be food and devotions there in the mornings and it will hopefully help in building the congregation.

I got to spend some time with the Birons (the missionary family) last night. We went into Chiclayo to a mall and I had Pizza Hut pizza. Didn't taste the pizza hut I know and love, but it was still a good change. The kids were fun and it was nice to get out.

I am still working on adjusting to lifestyle changes. Things like dusting and sweeping every day because of all of the sand get old, but when I slack I pay. I also haven't gotten used to having to hang my clothes outside. Never thought I would miss something like a dryer. The construction is still moving along well and I pray we will be able to get a substantial amount done this summer. Or winter. Depending on what country you are in. We are moving along and will get some help from work camps, but I don't know if where we are is good or bad from here. It is slow for me because of the lack of technology and power tools, so I can't really understand how progress is really going. We do have official architects plans for the church and everything now and it is pretty cool. I am going to try and see if I can get it online somehow. The temple (or sanctuary) is curved and in one corner and the benches are going to be set up from the stage to look like sun rays. At least that's the concept. Then we will have 2 stories with 3 classrooms each in another section, bathrooms and a small patio area. The original donated plot is going to eventually be a parsonage and then the purchased land for the breakfast program. I will update more when I know more.

No comments: